Translate

Wednesday, May 19, 2021

My Secret Place: A Few Words..



Image source  :  talkspace.com 


A few words...

Based on the book, The Space Within: Finding Your Way Back Home  that I read recently.


Hey There. 

I think everything points right back to God. In pursuit, in your walk, your healing, your improvement of self, and understanding yourself better. It all points right back to giving God his rightful space in your life, which is at the center of everything. He is who I refer to in my caption as 'my secret place', the place I go to renew myself. I must remind myself to recenter, and go right back to him because he has the answer to everything.

The waiting period for the answer is not always the easiest space for you to be in. A place where you don't know everything, you don't have the final picture, you don't know where the end is at or how you'll get to the destination (that you think you want to be headed to). It all lies within being patient enough.

I might annoy other folks and myself sometimes when I say, "I will only tell you what I know". There are times when what I know is limited BUT I believe, that what I say to you will help you in the meantime until you reach the next part of whatever the answer is to the - current season, state of mind, or position that you are in. This ensures that you have some basic tools, should you ever pass through something similar again. There is a necessary becoming that follows this. Become more comfortable with being patient with yourself and being at peace with yourself as you keep on moving. Realizing, that if anything is going to change internally or externally it's up to you. There are limits to how much you can blame on others, and there is a magnitude of things that you can take responsibility for.

It's hard to navigate the path when you don't take responsibility for what you want to change, what you want to see, and where you want to get to. A fraction of that requires that you do the work while you wait for the answer or answers. It also requires that you navigate the path and give yourself those quiet times where necessary.

Don't try to be productive when you know you ought to sit down in a seat and read to feed yourself or write, or whatever it is that you need to be doing, in the meantime while you wait for those answers. That is not the time to talk down on yourself. That is not the time to dig yourself into a space of darkness, deeper than you already are.


And to conclude...

We defined everything the time isn't for but what it IS for, is time spent tapping into our secret place. The secret place is the home within that awaits your arrival back wherever and whenever you need it. Don't neglect home, don't fill the space with past preoccupations & future anxieties. Be present for what you need NOW - in every moment, in every day.



Talking about books, have you seen Pebble$ Got Mail (on YouTube)



You may also enjoy -  A Personal Essay: A Bar Set High


Copyright © 2021 PebblesWroteIt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peace & Love !