Translate

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

The Former & Latter






      I.....
      I have married off a child
      Even when I knew that it wasn't right
      I let go of my only daughter
      And let havoc wreak amongst the remainder
      Foolish was I to let go of this child
      Who now felt that the safest place she could be
      Was her mother's womb
      Have I reduced my wife to just a womb
      Now my daughter wants to run away
      I married off my daughter
      That she might be happy
      I mortgaged her happiness
      The former meaning to cause death and
      The latter meaning I imprisoned her
      I mortgaged her life
      The former meaning to hold her in one place
      The latter meaning I have sentenced her..
      To a term she cannot bail on
      I have taken away my daughter's freedom to
      Express, to love, to smile, to be
      The former meaning to alienate her
      The latter meaning to silence her
      I have found no peace when I caused her life disarray
      She must have prayed good
      That all her enemies receive the same turmoil, that her heart weeps
      For she did not sow the seed so why should she reap the punishment alone
      I have left my daughter alone even though
      Her status is engaged
      The former meaning to kill and
      The latter achieving that goal
      I have mortgaged my only daughter



I want to publish a book, it will be a collective  of my work from the start of my journey at 8 years old til Summer 2015. Hold me to it ! 

Copyright © 2016 PebblesWroteIt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peace & Love !