Translate

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Current Conversation





Welcome back readers. The new story in a Writer's Reading List, is one of addressing what has long been overdue to address. Is there is a problem with the melanated king and queen in this life? Is there a curse in being black? I'm a few days into reading this book, having moments of crying, laughing, reflecting as well as challenging myself mentally. This book has inspired some written pieces, I will be sure to share those pieces with you on Instagram, so watch out for those.

Here are my thoughts on seeing a new year. Welcome to 2018 & Happy New Year !


" To a year that takes more than my surface knowledge, I will overlook my wants and address what I need. I am creative, poet, writer, sister, friend, artist, art, working masterpiece, the master hibernator when gunshots ring in the air. If ever told to go outside into the conflict and save, if ever placed in discomfort to search for our comfortable - I will go. No matter how many doubts swim around my being, or fear suffocating the lubrication of my airways I will be the surfactant where necessary to reduce our tension, our friction. Here's to a year that won't allow me to be comfortable, that will push me to my extremities & here's to my fellow poets, artists, writers, content creators, authors, bloggers, friends and new connections that come - we'll conquer this together. 
Happy 2018! "




Copyright © 2018 PebblesWroteIt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peace & Love !