Translate

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

When Passion Meets Purpose






This quarter's guest blog post comes from  ALovePerfect, who speaks on ACCOMPLISHMENTS & DREAMS. This is what it looks like when you decide to start no matter how little your steps, the weight of your struggles, the pains that resurface, the doubts or fears. Remember in the midst of all you are going through you always have something to offer, solutions are stored inside you.




So let's have an honesty hour...

With the growth of the project I started at the top of this year in January, The Prayer Project, my mind has been filled with new ideas to get it to grow, expand and flourish. I recently have been overwhelmed with my many ideas of turning this project into a business. Although having these thoughts are perfectly normal and fine, I really have to take a step back and remember why I started this project in the first place. So I'm taking a moment to check my heart and correct any selfish motives behind its growth.

I didn't start The Prayer Project for the purpose of turning it into a business. Not at all. Money was the furthest thing in my mind. I began this movement because I saw a need. I saw a heartbreaking need that I knew I wanted to help with. God opened my eyes and put a burning fire in my heart filled with intense compassion and desire to contribute to a change. I knew then that I couldn't be afraid anymore. I had to do it. I had to listen to and answer the quiet voice of the Holy Spirit impressing on my heart how He's prepared me for this.


When I think of why I started The Prayer Project, I'm reminded how sad I felt for those with broken hearts that had grown cold; for those who had never experienced the warmth of God's love through the people surrounding them. I remember believing that I had something worth sharing that could help. I remember feeling overcome with excitement that God had given me something...





Courtesy of  © 2017 ALovePerfect

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peace & Love !